Guidelines and Considerations
- Set realistic and attainable goals for each training session and/or workout.
- Warm up and Cool down appropriately for that session.
- Ensure that training sessions are scheduled and record sets, reps, load, tempo and rest required + any aches or difficulties you may have had.
- Recovery and performance must be monitored throughout the program.
- Adapt training loads according to supercompensation principles.
- To achieve your long term goals training needs to be planned. Annually ideally. This helps determine appropriate training loads from month to month decreasing the likelihood of overtraining.
- Assess, (re) Test and/or enter competitions to determine success of your current program. Don’t be afraid to test or compete!