TRIBE with Claire
Week 8. Session 1.
Here we go! Week 8. Have fun ❤🤩
1. Banded squat with check press 15 reps FOCUS: On a strong core. Really squeeze your shoulder blades together as you rotate open. WHY? Adding the band to the squat increases lateral glute engagement. Squats are great for leg strength particularly quads, hamstrings and glutes. Also great for mobility and balance. Core engagement throughout and work into the biceps, shoulders and upper back with the check press. Opening up and rotating at the shoulder before pressing overhead helps with healthy shoulder positioning and engagement.
2. Side plank and clam with mini band 15 reps ea side FOCUS on keeping a straight line from shoulders to knees. WHY? Great for core strength and pelvic stability. You’ll work core stabilising muscles particularly oblique abdominals. The clam gets into your lateral glutes.
3. Kneeling push up (with or without miniband) 15 reps FOCUS Start with knees closer to hands to ensure you get all 15 FULL reps WHY? Full depth push ups are great for shoulder mobility as well as strength. To do them well you’ll also need to engage through your core muscles.
4. Hesitation crawl FOCUS Keep low and controlled WHY? Great for whole body engagement and coordination. Feel the work in your abs, quads, glutes, calves, shoulder girdle. Tiny muscles in your ankles, hips, feet and wrists are also recruited.
5. Full range (‘American’) DB skiing swing 30 reps FOCUS Swing DBs from overhead to past your sides (DBs separate either side) WHY? This is a functional full body exercise that strengthens the glutes and hamstrings and tightens the core. It also tones the quads, hips, shoulders and arms. You’ll increase core strength and stability.
6. Static split squat hold with upright row 8 reps on each side. FOCUS Hold a position that is only 5cm from the floor, raise DBs only to shoulder height) WHY? Feel the burn! The low ‘isometric’ split squat hold really gets the work into the muscles, particularly the quads. You’ll need a strong core and great stability. Work into the shoulders and upper back during the dumbbell row.
7. Hard roll FOCUS Keep contact between the elbow and knee WHY? Great for abdominal engagement, spinal mobility and whole body coordination.
8. Alternate lying prone pull down FOCUS squeeze glutes to protect the lower back. Pull to shoulder and keep elbow in tight. WHY: Fantastic for posture. You’ll work all of your ‘posterior chain’ especially mid and upper back and arms.
9. Plank hold 45s (forearm and toes) FOCUS push out of the shoulders. Draw the belly button in. Tighten quads and glutes WHY? Amazing for core strength and posture
10: ‘Table or ‘Saggy table’ with marching legs FOCUS Push up @ the hips and take the weight into the shoulder. WHY? Fabulous for cross body engagement, stability and strength. Awesome effort xx
Week 8. Session 2.
We’ve programmed a little extra time on some of the exercises today. You won’t even notice! you’re getting stronger 💪 May miracles flow your way today x
1.Banded Counterweight Squat Hold 4x20secs FOCUS on tall posture, shoulders above the hips. Try not to bend fwd. Move a little fwd with knees WHY? Excellent for quads, hip flexors and glutes. Also core stabilisers. The low ‘isometric’ hold increases active engagement and time under tension.
2. Leg throughs 8 each side FOCUS Strong through the stabilising arm and shoulder. Engagement through the core WHY? They are awesome for coordination and functional muscle engagement. Your shoulder strength and stability is challenged. You’ll get work in the core and quads as well as mobilise through ankles and knees.
3. Ice-skating arms 40s FOCUS: Punch to shoulder height only. Create stability for the shoulder by standing with a firm base and being strong through the core. WHY? Integrates the CORE with the shoulders.
4. Bird dog with straight leg glute pulse FOCUS: Keep the tummy vacuumed. Don’t arch at the lower back. WHY? Excellent for rotary stability. Activates and engages muscles in a functional chain called the posterior oblique sling.
5. DB ski swing 40 FOCUS: Strong through the core. Bum back then thrust the hips forward. Squeeze the front glute. WHY: We’re adding a rotation for rotaional strength and stability through the core. Great for functional strength through the glutes, hamstrings and lower back.
6. Alternate back lunge with dumbbell curl X 24. FOCUS: Arms go either side as you lunge back. WHY? The back lunge will open up through the hips and work the quads and glutes, dumbbell curl great for coordination and strength in the biceps.
7. Standing 3 way band FOCUS: Keep legs straight. Stay tall WHY: Excellent for balance and stability. Great for activating and engaging the muscles around the hip.
8. Prone cobra hold 3x30s. FOCUS: Squeeze hard for the 20s straight arms. Head and shoulders low. WHY: Fantastic for engaging the muscles in the upper back and shoulders. You’ll also feel the muscles all the way up the ‘posterior chain’ firing up.
9. Kneeling contralateral plank hold 30secs each side FOCUS: keep weight over the shoulder. Draw the belly button in. WHY: Very tricky! You’ll need great engagement throughout to make this work, but what a sense of accomplishment! strong through the core and oblique functional slings (across your body).
10. Single leg glute bridge with band 10 ea. FOCUS: Keep tension on the mini band. WHY: Ensures you target ALL three glute muscles – especially glute med.