Have you recently asked yourself: “How often do I get a good night’s sleep?”
Like good diet and exercise, sleep is a critical component to overall health.
To pave the way for better sleep, do this:
- Stick to a sleep schedule.
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual.
- Exercise daily.
- Evaluate your bedroom set up to ensure ideal temperature, sound and light.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Moderate sleep disruptors. e.g.: Alcohol and caffeine.
- Turn off electronics before bed.
To help create real change:
Track your sleep habits over a one- or two-week period.
Pay careful attention to your mood, energy and health after a poor night’s sleep versus a good one.
Then review what works best for you.
Most importantly, make sleep a priority.